Buy It Here:
- Easy setup, under $80
- strong/reliable removable rainfly
- good air ventilation
- lightweight under 4 pounds
- Once the rainfly is attached in heavy rain you'll get some condensation
- claustrophobic when used in place of a tent
The Winterial Single Person Tent is a nice tent for the lightweight solo backpacker. It packs down to just under 4 pounds so it won’t put too much strain on your back.
It can withstand the wind and the rain fairly well.
There’s a small vestibule on the side that will protect your shoes or boots, but not big enough for a pack.
With the rainfly off the walls are mostly mesh and provide excellent air circulation.
The setup is also very simple with only a 2 hoop design utilizing lightweight aluminum poles that simply snap together.
There is some staking involved, so if you’re new to backpacking this could be a challenge, otherwise experienced backpackers will find it fairly easy.
Keep in mind that taller backpackers over 6 feet won’t fit in this tent. 5’11 is about as tall as you’re going to get.
Our main complaint is the lack of ventilation that allows condensation to build up.
This also can work as a bivy, but definitely one of the better 1 person tents out there.
If you’re small it could maybe even fit a 2nd.
Best Overall One Person Tents:
Best Sellers: One Person Tents
- There's no assembly frustration with our Lynx tent Series; This free-standing, aluminum two-pole design is a breeze to setup
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding one vestibule for extra storage space
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, storage pockets, gear loft, stakes, guy ropes and one doorway
- The Alps Mountaineering Lynx tent is on our best sellers list; it’s a must-have for your next adventure
- Base size: 2'8 x 7'6, center height: 36", total weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz. , minimum Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz. , Color: Clay/Rust
- Dome tent with a sturdy frame that withstands 35+ mph winds
- Easy setup in only 10 minutes. Good for backpacking
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Large windows and a ground vent for superior ventilation
- Measures 7 x 5 feet with 4-foot center height
- Size: 78.7"L x 39.4"W x 33.5"H / 200 cm X 100 cm X 85 cm.
- Weight: 920 g. Material: 180 D Oxford
- Contents: 1 x Tent(including two poles), 4 x Pegs, 1x storage bag.
- Backpack-friendly compact folding poles, Gearloft loops, Color coded clip and fly attachment. Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- Roll top cube carry bag, Easy set up, Free standing, Fabric/mesh tent walls
- Kelty hug clip, Easy entry D door, Internal storage pockets, Fully seam taped construction
- Seasons: 3, Number of doors: 1, Number of vestibules: 1, Number of poles: 2, Capacity: 1
- Floor area: 20 ft² / 1.86 m², Vestibule area: 6.5 ft² / .6 m².Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- ULTIMATE BACKPACKING TENT: This 2-person tent is so compact and lightweight it stores easily and then unfolds into a 6' 6" long by 4' 6" wide shelter that will keep you safe from the elements.
- THREE SEASON TENT: With the capability to withstand three of the four seasons, this ultralight tent with a waterproof bottom is ideal for all your backyard and backpacking needs!
- KEEP THE CRITTERS OUT: Find peace of mind in the No-See-Um mesh inner door screen that keeps the creepy-crawlies out while you rest from your big hunting or backpacking adventure.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: With a simple A-frame design supported by two sturdy yet lightweight aluminum poles, you'll feel like you're glamping in an instant!
- COMPLETE YOUR CAMPSITE: Turn to Stansport for all the camping equipment you'll need - from cots to hammocks to grills or sleeping bags, you're sure to be covered with our diverse line of survival gear!