Best of One Person Tents Reviews
Winterial Single Person Tent Product Review
Buy It Here:
- Easy setup, under $80
- strong/reliable removable rainfly
- good air ventilation
- lightweight under 4 pounds
- Once the rainfly is attached in heavy rain you'll get some condensation
- claustrophobic when used in place of a tent
The Winterial Single Person Tent is a nice tent for the lightweight solo backpacker. It packs down to just under 4 pounds so it won’t put too much strain on your back.
It can withstand the wind and the rain fairly well.
There’s a small vestibule on the side that will protect your shoes or boots, but not big enough for a pack.
With the rainfly off the walls are mostly mesh and provide excellent air circulation.
The setup is also very simple with only a 2 hoop design utilizing lightweight aluminum poles that simply snap together.
There is some staking involved, so if you’re new to backpacking this could be a challenge, otherwise experienced backpackers will find it fairly easy.
Keep in mind that taller backpackers over 6 feet won’t fit in this tent. 5’11 is about as tall as you’re going to get.
Our main complaint is the lack of ventilation that allows condensation to build up.
This also can work as a bivy, but definitely one of the better 1 person tents out there.
If you’re small it could maybe even fit a 2nd.
Best Overall One Person Tents:
Best Sellers: One Person Tents
- Free standing, two pole design with7000 Series aluminum poles; easy assembly with pole clips; 75D 185T polyester fly resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory sealed fly and floor seams for best weather protection; 75D 185T Poly Taffeta floor with2000mm coating; extra-large #8 zippers
- Vestibule for gear storage and extra weather protection; weatherproof fly buckles on For maximum adjustability and protection
- Half mesh walls increase ventilation; mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 7075 aluminum stakes and guy ropes included
- Base size: 2'8 x 7'6, center height: 36", total weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz. , minimum Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz.
- Inner tent dimensions are 94 inches long, 35 inches wide, and 28 inches tall; built to accommodate 1 person and their gear, features tape sealed seams
- Lightweight and compact pack size is 19 inches long by 5.5 inches wide; trail weight is 2.64 pounds, pack weight is 3.34 pounds
- Equipped with DAC Featherlite NSL anodized aluminum poles with press fit connectors; features No-See-Um mesh mosquito net for warmer climates
- Flysheet is 210t polyester RipStop with 5000 millimeter waterproof and windproof polyurethane coating; the 2 pole system keeps condensation buildup to a minimum
- A basic repair kit is included; contains metal pole repair sleeve, tent guide rope tensioner, spare cord, elastic loop, patch materials, and a storage bag
- NEW updated full rain fly to keep rain out
- 7.7' x 3.2' x 2', sleeps 1
- Mesh roof panel
- Includes UPDATED instructions, rain cover, storage bags, and stakes
- Compact and lightweight
- Classic camping tent features easier access and a great view of the great outdoors
- Stuff doors into the adjacent mesh pockets, instead of rolling them up
- Fully seam-taped canopy and floor
- Large door and vestibule
- High-low ventilation for optimal airflow. Footprint sold seperately
- Lightweight camping tent assembles in only 10 seconds
- Preassembled poles pop up into place
- Taped floor seams keep you dry even when the ground is soaking wet
- Multi-position rainfly offers the perfect balance of protection and ventilation
- Tent measures 7 feet 6 inches by 4 feet 5 inches with a 2-foot 11-inch center height