- Easy setup, under $80
- strong/reliable removable rainfly
- good air ventilation
- lightweight under 4 pounds
- Once the rainfly is attached in heavy rain you'll get some condensation
- claustrophobic when used in place of a tent
The Winterial Single Person Tent is a nice tent for the lightweight solo backpacker. It packs down to just under 4 pounds so it won’t put too much strain on your back.
It can withstand the wind and the rain fairly well.
There’s a small vestibule on the side that will protect your shoes or boots, but not big enough for a pack.
With the rainfly off, the walls are mostly meshed and provide excellent air circulation, especially compared to Bivy Sacks.
The setup is also effortless with only a two hoop design utilizing lightweight aluminum poles that snap together.
There is some staking involved, so if you’re new to backpacking, this could be a challenge, otherwise experienced backpackers will find it reasonably easy.
Keep in mind that taller backpackers over 6 feet won’t fit in this tent. 5’11 is about as tall as you’re going to get.
Our chief complaint is the lack of ventilation that allows condensation to build up.
The Winterial also can work as a bivy, but one of the better 1 person tents out there.
If you’re small, it could maybe even fit a 2nd.
Best Overall One Person Tents:
Best Sellers: One Person Tents
- Care Instructions: Machine Wash
- Sport Type: Camping & Hiking
- DURABLE MATERIAL – Keeping yourself, your camping equipment, and your personal items dry when you are camping is half the battle. The sturdy nylon material on the tent body and the convenient rain fly help to ensure water does not make its way into the inside of your tent for an enjoyable, and dry, trip!
- SPACIOUS AND CONVENIENT – This lightweight 2-person dome tent with a large D-style door was designed for comfort, space, and convenience. With an interior height of 3.50 feet and 6.25 foot x 4.80 foot dimensions, this is a roomy tent with plenty of space for you and a family member or friend. Also, comes with an interior storage pocket that helps to clear clutter and keep the inside of the tent organized, providing an overall cozy experience. When you are finished with your trip, you can simply place the tent components back into the carrying bag to easily pack up and transport.
- GREAT FOR ALL OCCASIONS – Get the most out of your tent during the year! The fiberglass poles and ventilation window allow you to utilize this tent for activities in the spring and summer. So, whether you need a tent for traveling, backpacking, hiking, festivals outdoors or whether you are headed out for a weekend camping trip with family and friends, this is an ideal tent to fit your needs.
- Ultra Lightweight and Compact: This ultralight backpacking tent perfect for solo adventures. The weight is only 1.5 pounds, extremely handy and easy to transport.
- Enough Space for 1 Person: The length is 86.6", a maximum height of 19.7" and width of 35.4", this makes it a very spacious 1-person tent. And also provides a vestibule at the door.
- 100 Percent Waterproof Tent: 2000 mm water column in combination with taped seams and fully sewn-in groundsheet, absolutely waterproof.
- Well-designed: Ventilation flaps in the front door for optimal air circulation avoid condensation.
- Fast Quick Up Construction: Thanks to the clever construction system, the tent can be set up quickly and easily in just a few steps and dismantled just as quickly.
- 【Lightweight & Compact】 The backpacking tent only weighs 2KG(4.4lb) and the package size is quite compact, only 42 x12 x 12cm(16.5 x 4.7 x 4.7inches) thanks to the foldable fiberglass poles. Ideal dome tent for camping,backpacking, hiking, beaching
- 【Easy Setup & Fast Take Down】 Manually setting up this camping tent is easy and fun, and it only takes about 1 minute to assemble. Taking down is also simple and quickly
- 【Waterproof & Windproof】 210D waterproof PED fabric PU 3000, oxford bottom fabric PU 3000, waterproof tape on every seam, to ensure the inside dome tent is totally dry under any rain situation even in the storm. Strong fiber glass poles guarantee the stability and long service life of using. Pegs and guy lines make it stable in a windy day
- 【Roomy for One Person】Very roomy for 1 adult, could fit 1 more kid if needed. Fits well inside with a single person air mattress, or one sleeping bag individually. Extra storage space for accessories like backpack, footwear and other items
- 【Responsible & Prompt Customer Service】Any material or workmanship problem happens, please contact with us first for the satisfied solution (Replacement or Refund)
- There's no assembly frustration with our Lynx tent Series; This free-standing, aluminum two-pole design is a breeze to setup
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding one vestibule for extra storage space
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, storage pockets, gear loft, stakes, guy ropes and one doorway
- The Alps Mountaineering Lynx tent is on our best sellers list; it’s a must-have for your next adventure.Weatherproof fly buckles on for maximum adjustability and protection
- Base size: 2'8 x 7'6, center height: 36", total weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz. , minimum Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz. , Color: Clay/Rust
- [1 PERSON TENT 4 SEASONS] - Size: Inner Backpacking tent(8.2ft * 2.95ft * 2.95ft) LxWxH, Outer Camping tent: 8.2ft x (2.95ft +1.31ft) x 3.11ft,；3500~4000mm Water Resistance. Fire Retardant Standard/CPAI-84. This 1 person tent for camping 4 seasons is very light，just 1.55kg, to carry on when you camp outside, besides, it's also very easy to set up with only one single ridge pole.
- [100% WATERPROOF AND WINDPROOF] - outer tent with the water proofing value of 3500mm，seam taping on the zipper, velcro wrap with PVC & seam taping, 4 bottom corner with seam taping, which are high and good enough to prevent the water from entering even under the big heavy rain; while strong aluminium pole construction and the anti tearing rip-stop fabric which greatly help to prevent the hitting and tearing on fabric from the strong wind under the bad weather with big storm.
- [EXTENDED LENGTH - 8.2ft] - This single tent is long enough to enable the taller person to sleep in the tent comfortably; the longer tent also provides with extra space for the personal belongings like luggage, backpack, clothes, shoes, etc.
- [SETUP EASILY-3 MINUTES] - Super easy to set it up! It takes only just 3 minutes to pitch tent even for a beginner, and we have specially made the longer and bigger carry bag for the end customer even to pack up the tent loosely and still could put it back into the carry bag easily and conveniently.