Best of One Person Tents Reviews
Sierra Designs Flashlight 1 Person Tent Product Review
Buy It Here:
- Good length, width, and height specs
- strong durable flooring.
- ultralight at just over 2 pounds
- awnings and 2 doors give lots of ventilation
- Rain easily leaks in through the sides
- condensation build up
- cheaper materials
The Sierra Designs Flashlight left us with some mixed emotions.
We were very excited to try this 3 season tent as the design seemed unique and we were anxious to see what it could do in the wild.
It held up nicely in extreme weather but did leave a bit of condensation.
At just over 2 pounds the weight is nice and ultralight, and the 2 open sides with awnings are nice especially on warm/dry nights but we did run into some issues with clipping in the vestibule and one of the zippers.
The 88-inch length gives you more lounging space than many other 1 person tents and bivy sacks, and the 35-inch height on one side of the tent is a little more convenient than a peak height in the middle.
This especially helps if you get stuck inside due to bad weather or for just having the ability to change clothes.
If you get sideways rain, the water can soak the inside.
However, the tent floor is made from 30D Nylon Ripstop, water-resistant 3000mm polyurethane coating which ensures the wear and tear you’ll inevitably encounter.
Also for the price, you can get a much nicer, bigger tent. Not our favorite tent, but it may do someone out there well.
Best Overall One Person Tents:
Best Sellers: One Person Tents
- Free standing, two pole design with7000 Series aluminum poles; easy assembly with pole clips; 75D 185T polyester fly resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory sealed fly and floor seams for best weather protection; 75D 185T Poly Taffeta floor with2000mm coating; extra-large #8 zippers
- Vestibule for gear storage and extra weather protection; weatherproof fly buckles on For maximum adjustability and protection
- Half mesh walls increase ventilation; mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 7075 aluminum stakes and guy ropes included
- Base size: 2'8 x 7'6, center height: 36", total weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz. , minimum Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz.
- Inner tent dimensions are 94 inches long, 35 inches wide, and 28 inches tall; built to accommodate 1 person and their gear, features tape sealed seams
- Lightweight and compact pack size is 19 inches long by 5.5 inches wide; trail weight is 2.64 pounds, pack weight is 3.34 pounds
- Equipped with DAC Featherlite NSL anodized aluminum poles with press fit connectors; features No-See-Um mesh mosquito net for warmer climates
- Flysheet is 210t polyester RipStop with 5000 millimeter waterproof and windproof polyurethane coating; the 2 pole system keeps condensation buildup to a minimum
- A basic repair kit is included; contains metal pole repair sleeve, tent guide rope tensioner, spare cord, elastic loop, patch materials, and a storage bag
- NEW updated full rain fly to keep rain out
- 7.7' x 3.2' x 2', sleeps 1
- Mesh roof panel
- Includes UPDATED instructions, rain cover, storage bags, and stakes
- Compact and lightweight
- Classic camping tent features easier access and a great view of the great outdoors
- Stuff doors into the adjacent mesh pockets, instead of rolling them up
- Fully seam-taped canopy and floor
- Large door and vestibule
- High-low ventilation for optimal airflow. Footprint sold seperately
- Lightweight camping tent assembles in only 10 seconds
- Preassembled poles pop up into place
- Taped floor seams keep you dry even when the ground is soaking wet
- Multi-position rainfly offers the perfect balance of protection and ventilation
- Tent measures 7 feet 6 inches by 4 feet 5 inches with a 2-foot 11-inch center height