Why You Need A Tactical LED Flashlight
When we say “everyone needs a tactical LED flashlight”, we do mean EVERYONE.
This is a critical, no-brainer piece of equipment that is just as important as a tent or a sleeping bag when you are on the trail.
There is nothing worse than being stuck miles away from civilization with no visible light source.
Have you ever tried to set up a tent in pitch darkness? If you do it once, trust us, you’ll make sure you’ll never have to do it again.
Many novice campers make the mistake of bringing cheap, everyday flashlights out with them, which is a mistake.
You may be perfectly fine, but an average house flashlight is very susceptible to breaking, getting wet, or running out of batteries, all of which will leave you in the dark once the sun sets.
This is not only a massive pain in the you-know-where but can be extremely dangerous as well.
Being out in the woods with no way to respond to emergency situations can be deadly serious.
That is why we recommend investing in a high-quality tactical flashlight.
These products are designed to withstand the unique rigors of trail life.
The best tactical flashlights for camping can withstand being dropped onto rocks, submerged in water, and have a long battery life.
These rugged flashlights won’t let you down, and may even get you out of a dangerous situation.
Why A Good Tactical LED Flashlight Is So Important
On one of my first solo over-nights in the North Carolina Appalachians, I made the mistake of bringing a cheap flashlight with me.
I took it from my dad’s tool bench, it took two D batteries, and it couldn’t have cost more than nine or ten bucks.
It was an afterthought. After all, I had just purchased my first real tent and a thermal sleeping bag, I had a good lightweight camping stove, and I was familiar with the area.
I was prepared!
Unfortunately, I took a wrong fork and lost a few hours, meaning the sun was going down well before I would make it to the camping area.
Good thing I remembered my flashlight, right? Too bad that when I pulled it out of my bag, it had gotten wet and no longer worked.
I was stuck on a steep, rocky trail, by myself, with no light from the overcast skies.
I could barely see anything, and there was no flat ground to make a decent camp. I couldn’t see well enough to collect firewood or to set up my camp stove.
I ended up having to pitch my tent on a rock, and essentially got zero sleep it was so uncomfortable.
I wasn’t in any particular danger, but I was hungry, tired, uncomfortable and angry with myself.
In the morning, I packed up at first light and began hiking on with stiff, tired legs.
Imagine how upset I was when after about a hundred meters, I came to a flat grassy knoll that would have been just fine for camping.
If I had only had a functioning flashlight, all that misery could have been avoided! I certainly learned my lesson, and I’ve never gone out without two working flashlights on me since.
This is not a particularly extreme example of why you need a flashlight, there are much more serious situations you could find yourself in, but it does show how even a simple oversight can ruin your trip.
6 Ways A Tactical Flashlight Will Make Your Life More Convenient
- Setting Up Camp: With a reliable light-source, you won’t have to worry about scrambling in the dark to make camp. If you are making camp after sunset, you do not want to be fumbling around in the dark trying to get your fire started and your tent set up. If you are already hungry and tired from a long day this can be incredibly frustrating! A good flashlight can really save you some frustration here.
- Illuminate Dark Trails: Sometimes you may not move as quickly as you’d like, and find yourself still hiking after sundown. A good tactical flashlight can help light the way. Having a reliable lighting source makes treacherous night-time routes significantly easier. This is an important safety issue that solo hikers should be wary of.
- Reading in your tent: A flashlight with a “low” setting can be an ideal way to enjoy a good read in your tent after expending your body. The light of a campfire is probably too faint for you not to strain your eyes, and sometimes you just want to take your mind off the trail. A tactical flashlight can allow you to relax with a book in comfort and allow your mind to wander as your body rests for the day ahead.
- Searching Through Your Pack: Even in the day-time, it might be hard to locate everything in a stuffed pack. A flashlight can help.
- Nighttime Bathroom Trips: Need we say more?
- Defense: The best tactical flashlights have beveled edges that can be used as a striking or glass-breaking tool in extreme situations. The flashlights were developed with the military, law enforcement, and firefighters in mind, so they can be used to strike blows and still function. If you are on the trail and find yourself in a dangerous situation, using your flashlight as an improvised weapon or a demolition tool can be a life-saver.
1tac TC1200 Flashlight
The 1tac TC1200 tactical flashlight is an extremely useful piece of equipment that ticks all the boxes that a tactical flashlight should have. This 1200 lumen tactical flashlight features:
- An LED bulb that produces a blinding 1,200-lumen beam, capable illuminating up to two miles away.
- 25x the incandescent power of ordinary flashlights.
- The bulb should last up to 100,000 hours before needing replacement.
- Five flashlight modes (high, medium, low, SOS, and strobe)
- Extremely rugged, with an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy frame. This flashlight can survive multi-story drops, being run over by a truck, being submerged, even set on fire. This over-engineering ensures that you will still be able to use it, even if you are in an emergency situation.
- Striking edges that can provide emergency blunt force striking.
We swear by this flashlight at AdventureSacks.
One of the flashlights we purchased years ago is still going strong after being dropped on countless rocks.
Even submerging underwater doesn’t faze this flashlight.
It’s a little dinged up, but works just as well as the day we bought it.
Read our detailed review about the TC1200 Flashlight
A Great Choice For Hunters And Sport Shooters
The TC 1200 also makes part of an excellent laser flashlight combo if you are looking to mount it on a firearm.
This flashlight was designed for military and LEO use after all. It has a short body, making it acceptable as a pistol laser light combo.
The TC1200’s adjustable spotlight beam makes it extremely versatile as part of a rifle or shotgun flashlight laser light combo as well, allowing you precise vision and accuracy for night shooting.
Having a bright, reliable light source is obviously extremely important if you are discharging a firearm at night, and the TC 1200 definitely makes the cut with its excellent lumen output.
With both an adjustable high wattage spotlight and a laser pointer for your firearm, you are ensuring that no matter the time of day your shooting will be accurate and safe.