- Wide Toe Box
- Mesh and well placed synthetic uppers
- Extra cushion in the sole
- Too cushiony for some runners,
- Problems with blisters
The Altra Women’s Lone Peak 3 Trail Runner is great for those looking for a trail runner with a lot of toe room.
The toe box on these shoes is incredibly generous and will help you find space in the front of the shoe where other shoes leave your toes stuffed like sardines.
The rest of your foot benefits resting snug inside the contours of the rest of the shoe with zero drop.
There’s a ton of cushion on the bottom, so even if you don’t use these for trail running, you’ll find them very comfortable for long walks or even just standing for long periods of time.
Great for those with plantar fasciitis or sensitive feet.
The uppers are made of mesh with tougher synthetic overlays in more vulnerable areas for added protection and durability.
The laces are strong and durable and make for more tightness around the top of the foot for a more fitted style.
The biggest downside is some runners complain that there may be too much cushioning that creates a “trampoline” type feel.
Some people also complain that the extra room in the toe box has lead to blisters on the balls of their feet.
Key Product Info:
|Shoe Style||Trail Runners|
Buy It Here:
Best Overall Womens Trail Runners:
Best Sellers: Womens Trail Runners
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- SpEVA Midsole: Material Improves bounce-back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown.
- DuoMax Support System: A dual-density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability.
- Trusstic System: Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- EVA midsole
- Reinforced toe cap
- Padded tongue & collar; Fabric, mesh lining
- Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- Lightweight, comfortable and breathable upper, enhancing performance and fit
- Synthetic Leather and Mesh Upper
- Reinforced Toe Cap
- Trail Specific Outsole
- Trail friendly
- Extra sticky rubber outsole lends grippy traction when your take runs off-road or out in slippery conditions
- New PWRRUN cushioning provides just-right softness that's responsive enough to tackle terrain
- New TPU and guidance frame quickly and quietly guides each foot through its natural gait cycle for the most secure feel yet
- Structured Cushioning
- The PWRFOAM midsole and EVERUN topsole work together to provide underfoot cushioning
- PWRTRAC tacky rubber, combined with a dual compound outsole, and rugged directional lugs give you confidence on any surface
- Two rows of eyelets provide endless lace configurations
- Gaiter compatible
- Integrated tongue helps keep debris out and has a gaiter-compatible D Ring to give the option of adding extra protection