Top Showers Reviewed
Portable camping showers are a luxury on the trail and can make backpacking and camping a much more enjoyable experience.
It’s a given on the trail you’re going to get filthy, and that’s a lot of the fun.
However, at some point, you just want a shower. That’s where portable showers come in.
There are plenty of different kinds of showers no matter how you are camping.
There are showers that can provide hotel-quality showers on the higher end, while even a good lightweight shower bag can give you a good quality rinse.
With so many different styles of portable showers you need to know all the possible features you can get, especially whether to go with a propane shower vs solar camping shower.
Be sure to check out our ratings and reviews of the best portable showers below, along with a buying guide shower buying tips.
Top Showers Rankings
Last update on 2019-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Showers Buying Guide 2019
How to Pick
What Features To Look For In A Good Portable Camping Shower
Features To Look For Include:
- Water flow rate: This will include the PSI and how strong the water pressure releases from the unit.
- Heating and temperature settings: More advanced showers will give you the ability to get a more precise temperature vs less advanced units that may only give a general hot and cold, or maybe even just lukewarm.
- Water storage capabilities: This applies more to the shower bag units as the more advanced units come with hoses that feed from a water source like a bucket.
- Time it takes to heat up: The shower bags typically use the sun as their heating source and can take up to 3 or 4 hours to heat up, while the more advanced units heat up right away
- The ability to hang: You need to be able to hang the shower from a space higher than where you stand for gravity to be able to send the water down and out of the nozzle.
- Weight: Remember, you have to lug this thing around both empty and filled with water.