- Fenix Flashlights TK76 2800-Lumen Flashlight - Best Overall Option
- Includes 3 LED's with 6 Different settings
- Max 2800 lumens
- Heavy duty body with tripod mount
- Too heavy for backpackers
- Fenix 1000 Lumen Flashlight
- Waterproof and highly durable flashlight
- 1000 lumens output with 273 yards max throw distance for an extremely bright and powerful light beam.
- Upgraded buttons and mode variety
- The included battery can be a bit cheap and doesn't give amount of advertised life.
- Streamlight 88085 ProTac HL-X USB
- TEN-TAP® Programming which includes 3 operating programs. They include: 1) high/Strobe/low; 2) high only; 3) low/medium/high
- Nice array of lumen options including High: 1,000 Lumens, Medium: 400 Lumens, Low: 65 Lumens & Strobe mode.
- Longer head which will give you a much more precise throw
- Does not accept some batteries. Must be specific to the flashlight.
- Klarus 2000 Lumens LED Tactical Flashlight
- 3 different mode cycles with 6 different setting combinations including Turbo, high, medium, low, strobe, and SOS.
- 2 back switches and one side switch for more precise setting finder
- 2000 lumen reaches almost 1000 feet
- Tail click seems to be a bit cheap and can break easily.
- Turbo 2000 lumen mode seems a bit much and unnecessary for normal users
- Streamlight Pro Tac HL 4 2200 Professional Tactical Flashlight
|Current Price||Price not available|
The Fenix Flashlights TK76 2800-Lumen Flashlight is an absolute beast and a must-have for anyone traveling at night.
The front of the flashlight has 3 LEDs. The main Cree XM-L2 T6 neutral white LED is your throw and acts as more of a spotlight, while the other 2 Cree XM-L2 U2 LEDs are your floodlights. The two smaller lights contain two different optics. One is neutral, and one is a cool light.
This light is a bit more complicated than a smaller tactical flashlight, as it has five separate buttons that provide several different settings.
The Fenix PD35 V2.0 1000 Lumen Flashlight with Fenix 2600mAh is an updated version of the original Fenix PD35 that addresses some shortcomings of the original Fenix PD35.
This latest version features a CREE XP-L HI V3 LED which gives 1000 lumens output with 273 yards max throw distance for an extremely bright and powerful light beam.
The buttons have also been upgraded. While the tail click is still in place, the side button is now a stainless steel switch which is more durable than the previous version.
On the body, the distance and placements of buttons are nice for easy, one hand gripping of both buttons. This makes switching between modes a bit easier.
The Streamlight HL-X LED Flashlight is a popular flashlight with powerful light output and incredible ease of use.
The Streamlight HL-X LED uses lithium 2 CR-123A batteries, while this model also includes one 18650 USB Lithium-ion battery.
There’s even a red o-ring outside the battery compartment to help you know when the battery lid is fully secure.
This flashlight offers TEN-TAP® Programming, which includes three operating programs. They include: 1) high/strobe/low; 2) high only; 3) low/medium/high
The Klarus XT11GT 2000 Lumens CREE XPH35 HD E4 LED 18650 Tactical Flashlight is leading the pack of newer, more compact tactical flashlights that pack a lot of brightness into a smaller package.
The Klarus XT11GT features three different mode cycles with six different setting combinations, including Turbo, high, medium, low, strobe, and SOS.
In Turbo and strobe mode, you get 2000 lumens of incredibly bright light. Of course, you can dial this back a bit too high, which goes down to 400 lumens. For those nighttime backpackers, this is a lot of light to help you guide you on the trail, but can be a bit too much for most civilian uses.
The Streamlight 88060 Pro Tac HL 4 2200 Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight is a beast of a flashlight that is perfect for backpackers who need a high performing, reliable light.
The Streamlight Pro Tac HL-4 is a beast both in size and output.
The light itself includes a large flat lens with anti-reflective coating and a frosted TIR optic.
You get three separate programming settings controlled through TEN-TAP programming, which makes it easy to scroll through and find your desired setting. Settings include high, medium, low, and strobe.
The Anker Bolder LC90 2-Cell Rechargeable Flashlight is an excellent flashlight for backpackers who need a reliable light that is simple, yet high performing.
The flashlight is powered with one 18650 USB chargeable battery. The battery casing is unique as it’s a 2-step process that helps protect the battery from any water damage and to help you from losing the battery itself.
The charger also includes a light to tell you once it’s fully charged.
The body is built from durable aluminum and includes an extra-long handle and scalloped-bezel in case you need it for striking. It is also shock-resistant to endure any extreme drops.
Its also IP65-rated water-resistant and can handle rain, snow, and puddles.
- Extra secure USB chargeable battery casing
- 900 Lumen, 1000 feet
- IP65 rated water proofing
- Must scroll through all the settings to get your desired setting
The Streamlight 88061 ProTac 1L-1AA 350 Lumen Dual Fuel Professional Tactical Light is a cool, multi-featured light that will please any gearhead’s desire for a precise tactical flashlight.
One of the most appealing features of this light is its versatility in battery use.
Like other Streamlight tactical flashlights, the 88061 also uses one CR-123A lithium-ion battery, however, you can also use a AA Alkaline OR AA Lithium Battery as well. The only stipulation is that you get different runtime and lumen output with the different batteries.
Perfect for those of you who have a bunch of unused AA batteries hanging in your junk drawers.
- Uses both CR-123A and AA batteries
- Good lumen output and run time
- Comes with a pocket clip
- Light tends to break easily